Open Minds Counselling Service have a simple vision and a simple mission;
We cannot save all of the ‘starfish’ but we make a difference to each and every one we can.
We work to prevent exclusion from therapeutic services by prioritising accessibility and
client-centredness in our services.
We do this by providing one to one and group counselling, and personal development training and volunteering opportunities to adults and children aged 8 and over who would otherwise be excluded from such services.
Our clients are among the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the Doncaster borough and we can say with confidence, and a smile in our hearts, that we do make a difference.
We offer training to counsellors to help them with specialist skills;
1) Anger-management & Domestic Violence
2) First Ideas in Working Therapeutically with Children & Young People
3) Interventions for use in therapy with Children & Young People
4) Safeguarding and Suicidality
5) Therapy for people with:
c) Personality Disorder
e) Autistic Spectrum Disorders
f) inappropriate sexual attraction (sexual attraction to children)
6) Remembering Diversity (sensitivity to culture, gender & sexual orientation)
7) Therapeutic Group Work
8) Bereavement therapy
9) Therapy for people with Sexual Trauma