Person-Centred Association Membership
The Person Centred Association (TPCA) is devoted to the maintenance and development of the Person-Centred Approach through supporting several projects in the UK and abroad (for more details visit the Association in Action). For us to keep this commitment and provide our members with high quality benefits, we would invite you to pay the full-fee applicable to your membership category if you can. However, we also provide details of concession fees.
The Person Centred Association runs rolling membership from the point of registration for one year.
Person Centred Association - categories of membership
Standard individual member - £35
• This category is available to anyone who is NOT subject to the Practitioner members "accountability condition" (below).
Practitioner individual member - £35
• This only applies to members who enter into counseling/psychotherapy contracts with clients – free or paid.
• You will need to provide proof that you are a member of a counselling/psychotherapy association that has an enforceable code of ethics.
• If you are included in the BACP Register or UKCP Registered your membership number is sufficient.
• If you are a member of another association please provide proof. Your membership number and their website address is sufficient if there is a public register on the internet.
Student member (or newly qualified) - first year free
You can be a student/newly qualified member of The Person Centred Association if:
• You are receiving classroom tuition on a one-year full time or two-year part time counselling or psychotherapy course. Or if you have qualified in the last twelve months
• Your course includes a supervised placement with a minimum of 100 contact/client hours as a required part of the course.
• When you start seeing clients you will need to meet the requirements of the Practitioner category above, but can still enjoy the student rate. (Remember that BACP also offer a student rate.)
• Proof of your study is required if you are claiming the student rate. A simple letter/email from your educational establishment is sufficient.
Concessionary membership - £15
Available to you if you receive UK State benefits, are in the second, third or fourth year of your studies, or are unwaged (if you have a low wage and this feels unworkable, please email us about joining on the concessionary membership. We'd be happy to have a conversation with you about that).
State benefits are:
Attendance allowance, Bereavement allowance, Carers allowance, Council tax reduction, Disability living allowance, Employment and support allowance, Housing benefit, Income support payment, Industrial injuries disablement benefit, Jobseeker's allowance, Personal independence payment (PIP), State retiremenzt pension, War disablement pension, War widow's pension, Widow's pension.
If you receive any of these benefits, or are unwaged, you simply need to confirm this below to claim this category of membership.
Institutional members - £90
The options above are inclusive of all The Person Centred Association benefits.
The Person Centred Association is devoted to the maintenance and development of the PCA through supporting several projects in the UK and abroad (for more details visit The Person Centred Association in Action). For us to keep this commitment and provide our members with high quality benefits, we hope you will consider payment of the full-fee applicable to your membership category if you are able. However, we will be happy to hear from you if you are currently unable to afford it and would like information about reduced fees. Contact Paul (see details below) to learn more about this option.
1. By online payment through our signup process.
2. By sending a cheque after signing thru our online form (contact Paul by phone or email for details of our mailing address).
3. By phoning Paul on +44 (0)1535 531480.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!