- Specialist in: Bereavement, Trauma, Abuse, Anxiety, Stress, Sexual abuse
- Person-Centred counsellor/therapist
Areas of practice
Counselling with me offers a warm, accepting and welcoming space where you can explore and make sense of your thoughts, feelings and experiences. This can enable you to gain a greater understanding and awareness of yourself, your relationships with others, and the difficulties you experience. This will give you more choices about your future and how you live your life.
I have experience of working with a diverse range of clients in terms of age, cultural background, gender identity and sexuality.
I have a significant experience and an interest in working with people who have experienced
- Bereavement and loss - this might be a loved one, job, role, relationship etc.
- Childhood trauma and the impact this has on you and your relationships.
- Neurodivergence and the impact this has on you and your relationships
I am neurodivergent (autistic with ADHD traits) and am passionate about working with neurodivergent folk to make sense of their experiences of living in a neurotypical world.
My counselling room is on the first floor, please contact me to discuss accessibility needs
Code of ethics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Distinction), York St John University
- Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling, Counselling Tutor - Diploma in Group Work Practice, Institute of Group Analysis
- Certificate (HE) in Interpersonal and Counselling Skills, Leeds Beckett University
- Transactional Analysis 101, UKATA
- PhD Microbial Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) 2:1 Applied Biology
Place of studyYork St John
Fees statementI offer a small number of places at reduced rates. Please contact me to discuss concessionary rates if you have difficulty with the full fee.